National Say Something Nice Day is observed on June 1st of each year. This provides us with a nice reminder and prompt to lift your co-workers, family members, acquaintances, even foes, with genuine kind words. This not only has positive effects on the recipient, but research also shows that it provides a positive boost for the giver as well!
The History of Say Something Nice Day: On July 31st, 2011, the president and CEO of the Charleston, South Carolina Speech and Hearing Centre, Mitchell Carnell, published a short Amazon book called “Say Something Nice: Be a Lifter!” The book is all about the health benefits you receive when you lift others up instead of tearing them down. The community jumped on board and it soon became recognized as a National Day to celebrate.
So today, we want to take this opportunity to thank those organizations and individuals that have trusted us with their health, that have shared their personal battles and struggles, and that have trusted our advice and coaching to help them improve their quality of life. We love our job as Health Coaches and truly see our job as “lifters” each day as we design, implement and customize our programs to see the health and organizational benefits that they produce. We are lucky to be given the opportunity to work with so many incredible people in our community to help make a positive impact!
We hope that you all take a few minutes today to show your gratitude for someone or express something positive about an individual in your life or local company! Especially now, we could all use a little “lifting”. We can start the trend here!
· Positive Inception and Ryan: We are always impressed with your ability to make each customer feel special and listened to whenever they walk in your store. Your brand has grown so much through the city and it’s pretty cool to see how proud everyone is to wear your gear and support your brand.
· To Ramakko’s: You provide us with all the gear and unreal customer service to help us lead healthy lifestyles! We turn to you for many of our workplace wellness initiative prizes, which are always a huge hit with our clients!
· Shout out to Salty Dog Bagels from down the street who support local in all of their products and endeavours. Our staff and our families are huge supporters of you and love grabbing a freshly made bagel at the Sudbury Market each Thursday and Saturday. Their owners, Justin and Stacey, are pretty amazing people as well.
· To Tucos and Beards: You have shown every local business that you can break through the molds and create a thriving business. Always greeting your customers with a smile and delicious products-we greatly appreciate what you represent in our community.
· Thanks to Nickel Refillery for making our community “greener” and leading the way for a healthier, safer and happier planet.
· Old Soul Soap Company: We were introduced to you on site at Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations when you first started out. You have worked so hard to see your company grow and have done so with the highest standards and care for your customers and our earth! THANK YOU!
· Kuppajo: A frequent stop for our Health Coaches as they use their “health flex time” and go for walks downtown! Your coffee and products are amazing but what really makes you special is your support for the community and how you greet every customer, regardless of their socio-economic status, with a smile and with respect!
The list could go on forever as we are proud of all the people and local companies in Sudbury that are strengthening our community and continuing to improve its health and well-being for all the generations to come! We hope you pass along some “lifting” messages to people in your life - who knows who might really need it right now!